Adminstrative Research Procurement Expeditor
The primary role of the Research Procurement Expeditor is to process and facilitate a wide variety of procurements, both goods and services, required for the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, LASP. The position supports a space-flight engineering environment and interfaces with a number of different internal and external customers. This position operates within the Administration department within LASP and supports all areas within the department.
- Works within multiple software systems, both at the department and University level, to perform job functions.
- Prepares purchase orders and requests by entering information, gathering quotes, obtaining appropriate approvals, and communicating with necessary contacts vendors, end users, etc. Will forward, monitor, verify, expedite, and close procurements as required.
- May need to communicate and work with various University and outside entities during certain stages of the procurement process. This can include, but not be limited to, PSC, OCG, SPA, vendors, etc.
- Works and communicates with both new and experienced requestors on required information necessary for procurement requests. Gathers necessary information and prepares materials for competitive solicitations or for requests that require a sole source justification.
- Utilizes various University of Colorado and State of Colorado pricing agreements for goods and services and knows when they are applicable.
- Processes small dollar procurements and works directly with PSC on large dollar procurements.
- Resolves shipments and invoices in error with suppliers as required.
- Assists with documenting and updating procurement policies and procedures as needed.
- Adheres to applicable Federal, State, and University policies and regulations.
- A BS level degree with a minimum of three years of baseline purchasing experience is preferred. Additional years of experience can meet the requirement for a BS degree.
- Familiarity with purchasing and production software systems.
- Experience with fundamental purchasing procedures such as sole sourcing, solicitations of goods and services, pricing agreements, etc.
- High level of self-direction with high attention to detail. The ability to manage various tasks and duties.
- throughout each day is necessary.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to interface with various internal and external customers for various needs in the area in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Federal and State purchasing policies and practices.
- Previous experience in an aerospace environment is preferred. Applicable experience in a highly controlled and high quality environment may suffice for this experience.
- Basic shipping and receiving and parts room/inventory experience.
- Some experience with international shipping.
- Computer hardware and software acquisition experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment, prior to the issuance of an offer letter. The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment admissions, and educational programs. Inquires may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Cover Letter 2 - Curriculum Vitae This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Mar 15, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00744559