SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
Job ID 26471
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Senior Research Associate
The Office of Assessment in the College of Education at the University of Missouri develops and maintains processes and data systems that support the College's continuous improvement efforts. The Office monitors the performance of the college through designing, developing and maintaining a comprehensive integrated assessment system that provides information to evaluate productivity, effectiveness, and impact in alignment with the goals and mission of the College as well as accreditation requirements.
The primary purpose of this position is to lead efforts of program evaluation and reporting for undergraduate and graduate programs. Specifically, this will include developing program evaluation protocol and data tools; documenting analysis and processes; assisting the College in developing, maintaining, and measuring continuous improvement measures.
Essential Position Responsibilities/Duties
- Coordinate and prepare all internal and external reporting mandated by state, federal and private agencies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and manage databases for enrollment, completion, certification and credit hours, and others data sources related to the overall performance of the college.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses and create summary reports to assist academic departments and the college leadership team in decision-making.
- Collaborate with the assessment team in creating and maintaining college-wide performance dashboards.
- Assist the Assessment Director in maintaining Accreditation status for all academic programs. Participate in the planning and preparation for CAEP accreditation. Provide data and technical support for the collection, analysis, and interpretation of assessment results.
- Support the Assessment Director in developing and implementing a comprehensive assessment system to collect student-learning outcomes in academic programs.
- Assist the Assessment Director in developing, maintaining, and measuring continuous improvement measures, and conduct educational research to measure outcomes of student learning, teaching, research and service in education.
- Maintain and update documentation on processes and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's, Master's or a Specialist degree in Education, Higher Education, Educational Leadership or Administration, OR commensurate professional work experience.
- Possess a high level of professional skill and contextual knowledge in educator preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform statistical analysis, interpret, and evaluate results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop/design, plan, coordinate, and execute data collection, data analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity with relational databases like MS Access, SQL.
- Evidence of effective organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, customer service, logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible manner that allows for adjustments in assignments and priorities depending upon the identified needs of the office
- Ability to work independently without supervision as well as in a team environment with staff, faculty and administrators
- Available to work on MU campus over a 12 month period
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.