Visiting Research Specialist - Department of Psychology ( A1800298 )
The Department of Psychology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a full-time Visiting Research Specialist to assist Drs. Sutton, Wszalek, and Schwarb in developing analysis pipelines, analyzing data, and preparing publications related to MRI data as part of collaborations with both investigators at Illinois and at Carle. This is a full-time, visiting academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of the following data: structural (volumetrics, thickness), diffusion tensor imaging, resting state functional connectivity, and other image analysis components. Analysis includes the development and execution of processing pipelines and analyzing recent literature to adopt best practices.
- Assist with data collection.
- Prepare publications related to MRI data .
- Assist in development of and teach a programming course in the department of Psychology (once each semester).
- Develop educational materials associated with user training of the Biomedical Imaging Center.
- Assist in the development of a new Continuing Medical Education program by creating and presenting lessons on functional MRI that will be delivered to radiological technicians and doctors at Carle or other healthcare facilities in town.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master's degree
- Experience in processing neuroimaging data for answering cognitive neuroscience questions
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Publications in analysis or methods development in neuroimaging
- Experience with common neuroimaging processing tools, such as FSL, SPM, and/or Freesurfer
Application Procedures and Deadline Information:
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and resume by May 28, 2018.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Dr. Robert Wickesberg at email@example.com
Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Start date is as soon as possible after closing date. This position may become non-visiting at a later date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: LAS
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Research Specialist - Department of Psychology ( A1800298 )
Open Date: 05/14/2018
Close Date: 05/28/2018
Organization Name: Psychology