Management Engineer - Utilities and Energy Services, Facilities and Services (A1700759)
Systems and Controls /Utilities and Energy Services
Facilities & Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Facilities and Services at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for a Management Engineer. This position will be part of the system and controls group in Utilities and Energy Services. This group is responsible for maintaining reliable and effective temperature control and DDC systems for UIUC campus.
The Management Engineer would provide technical expertise and direction to the composite Recommissioning (ReCx) team. The individual would be responsible for the management and ongoing development and implementation of a proactive maintenance program for the F&S-Utilities and Energy Services Division at Urbana-Champaign.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and manage the daily functions of the ReCx teams.
- Supervise and direct ReCx personnel and programs. This position will be the supervisor of multiple composite crews of tradesmen.
- Meet or exceed identified KPI metric goals for ReCx group.
- Manage shops jurisdictional work assignments.
- Evaluate and determine staffing needs for the ReCx visits and reallocate resources according to needs.
- Benefit approval, FMLA, yearly evaluations, disciplinary actions, and other related HR activities.
- Grievances within the ReCx team.
- Assist in the ReCx budget and responsible for monitoring and adhering to it.
- Provide estimates for ReCx project requests.
- Create, provide and enforce safety procedures and policies for the shop work environment and personnel.
- Develop and/ or maintain a preventive maintenance system manual outlining an equipment naming scheme, equipment classification guide, preventive maintenance schedule.
- Create and maintain a prioritized list of buildings for the preventative maintenance crew based on utility expenses.
- Coordinate and administer an annual review of preventive maintenance activities for F&S -Utilities & Energy Services Division.
- Analyze maintenance schedules and work with Utilities & Energy Services group and maintenance on adherence to schedules associated with preventive maintenance activities.
- Work and interface with the Energy Management Control Center.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by the Associate Director of Utilities and Energy Services - EMS.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree or higher in the field of Engineering
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years continuous working experience in the field of engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a University environment.
- Experience in reading and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Microsoft Office 2013 Suite
- Microsoft Project
Preferred Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience in work management systems. Specifically Asset Works AiM software.
- Experience in managing crafts and trades work functions.
- 5 years of experience in HVAC systems design and troubleshooting.
- Experience in the Siemens and Schneider Electric I/A BAS control systems.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible Academic Professional Position. Anticipated start date is as soon as possible following the closing date. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Application Procedures: For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, a copy of your college transcripts, and the names/contact information for three professional references by 01/29/2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the close date; however no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Anna Staneva at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities and Services
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Management Engineer - Utilities and Energy Services, Facilities and Services (A1700759)
Open Date: 12/11/2017
Close Date: 01/29/2018
Organization Name: EMS Controls