Contract and Grant Analyst 3
Salary: $53,700 - $66,750
Title: Contract and Grant Analyst 3
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Botany and Plant Sciences
Date Posted: 05/14/2018
Position Information: This position is currently being recruited under two separate postings, as a Contract and Grant Analyst 2 (job #201805089824) and Contract and Grant Analyst 3 (job #201805079807), and will be filled accordingly based on qualifications. Applicants are encouraged to review the job description details for both positions to determine the best match for their skills and experience. All applicants will be assessed based on the minimum requirements for the level(s) for which they applied. If you wish to be considered in both pools or are unsure, please apply for both positions.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to manage significant volume of transactions.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Demonstrated knowledge of effective grant funding processes, procedures and techniques.
Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Ability to perform complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Ability to maintain independent judgment; strong organization and communication skills; and a customer service focus across broad and diverse subject areas.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Strong writing skills in a variety of styles to draft persuasive text for a variety of audience while ensuring adherence funding sponsor's guidelines,
Thorough knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Thorough understanding of research administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in a university environment.
Five (5) years of related experience.
Ability to exercise independent judgment, utilize strong organization and communication skills, and customer service focus across broad and diverse subject areas. Ability to meet a broad range of client service with accuracy, follow-through, and professionalism.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated contract and grant, and financial experience in an Organized Research Unit.
Extensive knowledge of UC Systemwide and campus Contracts and Grants policies and procedures.
Knowledge of UC Policies and procedures and on-line campus financial systems.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview