Facilities Project Specialist
Salary: $40,300 - $59,800
Title: Facilities Project Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Department: SOM Finance & Administration
Date Posted: 05/14/2018
Position Information: The incumbent will assist in developing infrastructure in the areas of asset management, inventory, access control, and emergency preparedness for the school of medicine campus locations and leased spaces for non-clinical and medical facilities. This position will be working full time hours in a one-year appointment. At the conclusion of the one year, the appointment will be terminated automatically unless, prior to the termination date, the appointment is renewed and the appointment is extended.
Minimum Requirements: Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of facility maintenance practices and procedures along with safety and emergency preparedness.
Knowledge of the use of standard organization computer applications, Word, Excel and other common desktop applications.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Demonstrated effective listening, interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills to resolve inquiries, address concerns or problems and ensure cooperative and productive working relationships.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview