Albion College invites applications for the Programmer Analyst position. Reporting to the Director of Information Services, the Programmer Analyst provides programming and analytical support of software applications that maintain and enhance business processes in the administrative and academic arenas. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload working closely with customers to translate business needs into finished business systems. Must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
This position is eligible for full benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement, tuition remission, and campus amenities including free on-site fitness facility, free parking, and access to campus events/performances.
FLSA Classification: Salaried / Exempt / Computer Employee
Duration: 12 months per year
- Minimum Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred. Computer Science or IT-related major, minor, or coursework required. Comparable work experience may be considered in place of education. Equivalent credentials, licensures, training or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of this job will be considered
- Experience with Higher Education ERP’s with Banner by Ellucian strongly preferred
- Oracle, SQL Server, or other relational database experience is required
- Minimum of 3 years programming experience with SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, JAVA
- Familiarity with CRMs (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, Slate), report writers (ARGOS), data query tools (DataGrip), revision control software (GIT) preferred
Interested candidates should submit an online application including a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three professional references through Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/50792.
Please contact Mr. Michael Dever ([email protected]) Chief Information Officer, for questions about the position or search.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled.