Requisition # 2018-8562
Department Andlinger Cntr for Energy/Env
Category Communications and Public Relations
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, a cross-disciplinary research and teaching center at Princeton University, seeks a communications specialist to further the communications efforts related to the center's mission of developing solutions to ensure our energy and environmental future.
The communications specialist will design and produce written content to showcase the Andlinger Center. The specialist will work to synthesize the Center's editorial communications strategy with external relations to highlight and promote the Center's accomplishments. The core focus is to develop and produce journalistic written pieces and communications materials, including newsletters, press releases and an annual report, that elaborate on the Center's research and collaboration. The communications specialist will also be responsible for managing select multimedia projects, in addition to maintaining a robust social media presence.
Write high-quality content to highlight the Center's research, news and events
- Work with communications team to produce written content to be published on various platforms including ACEE website, email announcements, e-newsletters, reports, distillates, brochures, videos, graphics, posters, news releases, and other publications.
- Produce communications content for the Princeton E-ffiliates Partnership including web updates and articles covering E-ffiliates events, funded proposals, and partner stories.
- Regularly monitor news activity related to the Andlinger Center and aggregate news stories into newsletters, email updates
- Collaborate with project manager and communications team to create content for and edit annual report.
- Establish and maintain a photo archive; arrange photos and illustrations to accompany stories.
- Monitor Center's presence in all communications methods.
- Develop content for video and graphical use to complement and explain research that would accompany stories or be used on social media to promote content over multiple channels.
- Ensure consistent and effective use of the center's graphic identity.
- Write and produce an electronic newsletter and annual report.
In collaboration with communications team, create, collect, and curate social media content on Twitter and Facebook. Create social media content that promotes and explains Andlinger Center news and feature stories. Support communications events as needed.
Maintain engagement with University communications offices around campus and external journalists to yield visibility of opportunities and research throughout the University and externally. Coordinate closely with the Office of Engineering Communications, maintain and use an up-to-date list of media contacts, particularly for media with specialized interests. Maintain existing mailing lists.
- Bachelor's degree required. 4-6 years' experience writing within a communications team environment. Experience writing in science-related field is helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to produce engaging science-related communications quickly and clearly.
- Experience and ability to support social media effort.
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment. Experience working within websites and content management systems.
- Self-starter who will bring ideas to the team, but can also work independently.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.