A/P Employment Consultant
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-14-2018
Provide guidance and assistance in areas of Employment, Compensation, and Classification for Administrative Professional and other academic positions. Serve as a resource to supervisors and administrators regarding policies and procedures related to hiring, promotions, separations, non-medical leaves and other personnel actions. Work with departments to successfully recruit quality candidates. Coach departments and faculty/staff on appropriate search process and procedure. As part of a team with other Human Resource professionals, collaborate and participate in group and cross-functional initiatives and provide constructive support pertaining to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any combination totaling three (3) years from the following categories:
(a) progressively more responsible work experience performing duties comparable to Human Resource Representative; OR
(b) college course work in human resource administration, business administration, or a closely related field (verify with transcript), as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- Sixty (60) semester hours equals one (1) year
- Ninety (90) semester hours equals two (2) years
- One hundred twenty (120) semester hours equals three (3) years
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Customer Service Focus
2. Thorough knowledge of and skill in analyzing and interpreting provision of employee benefit plans, University policy and applicable state and federal laws.
3. Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Must be capable of exercising professional judgment on a consistent basis.
5. Must have the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities on a daily basis.
6. Must have the ability to manage constant interruptions and shift priorities as problems arise.
7. Must have the ability to meet deadlines, work independently and be a self-starter.
8. Must have the ability to organize, analyze and interpret data and have strong attention to detail.
9. Must have adequate keyboarding skills to allow for the efficient creation of work products.
10. Must have the ability to use Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.