The salary minimum for this position is $38,812.00 annually (paid on an hourly basis) Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
This position reports to the Senior Enrollment Advisor in the Enrollment & Registrar Office. The Enrollment Advisor is the primary contact for both prospective and current students who need advice and direction on enrollment procedures, degree programs, courses offered, and graduation. This position requires an Enrollment Advisor with strong customer service experience to assist Aims' student population, including at-risk students, by assessing the need for services and addressing student concerns and issues with the enrollment, registration, and graduation processes. Attention to detail, time management, and excellent communication skills are required to be successful. An awareness and understanding of college student development and experience in student affairs is preferred in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
ENROLLMENT & STUDENT SUPPORT
• Support students through connection, entry, progression and completion processes.
• Communicate with students through email, phone, face-to-face, direct mail and web.
• Explain steps to enrollment and Aims Community College services.
• Determine student assessment needs by reviewing assessment scores, prior academic transcripts, and other information.
• Resolve student problems based on applicable policies, standards and guidelines for students, staff, and faculty for all campuses as they apply to functions within the Student Success Center and Enrollment & Registrar Office.
• Assess a student's needs for immediate crisis response and connect the student to the appropriate institutional personnel.
• Process applications, determine tuition classification, process course add/drops, process social services forms, print student records, demonstrate how to use computerized registration process, and explain various Enrollment & Registrar Office policies/procedures, and entry-level financial aid.
• Accurately explain and refer students to Aims Community College support systems and services.
• Create and provide acceptance letters.
Input and retrieve information from integrated databases (Banner SIS and Recruiter CRM) and the Argos reporting tool.
• Respond within 24 hours to student phone calls and email inquiries.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Evaluate information provided by student in order to determine residency for tuition classification purposes according to Federal and State laws and local tax-district guidelines.
• Determine appropriate documentation required in order to input, process, update or retrieve data, such as prerequisite and/or test scores and requirements, student biographical information, tuition and fees payments and class enrollment data.
• Review assessment scores to ensure students are registering for correct courses based on the selected program of study.
• Keep accurate log notes in electronic database that reflects the discussion and additional documentation needed (if applicable) and essential information conveyed to students.
• Inform and assist students with transfer credit and graduation related procedures.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
TRANSFER CREDIT EVALUATION
• Evaluate prior college-level coursework from accredited institutions of higher education to determine applicability to Aims degree or certificate programs.
• Evaluate work-experience-based learning attained outside the sponsorship of accredited postsecondary education institutions such as the military and other training programs recognized by the American Council on Education.
• Evaluate national tests such as College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Advanced Placement (AP), and Defense Activity for Nontraditional Educational Support (DANTES).
• Research and compare other college/university program curriculums to that of Aims' for similarities to help in determining course equivalencies
• Determine if consultation with academic department Chairs and Deans as needed to determine transferability or appropriate resolution to unusual situations, and consult accordingly.
• Advise students of transfer evaluation results and implications for degree completion and graduation.
• Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding transfer credit policies, procedures, and decisions. Respond to phone and e-mail inquiries related to these issues.
• Meet with students/ potential students to discuss transfer evaluations and information about next steps needed for enrollment.
• Conduct program completion reviews via DegreeWorks and manual review of academic transcripts.
• Evaluate both in-residence and transferred academic credentials, and determine their applicability to meet degree and certificate requirements.
• Initiate notice to student and advisor of appropriate action to take in resolving program completion deficiencies (i.e., waivers, course substitutions, credit deficiencies, etc); follow-up to obtain necessary documentation from deans, advisors, and students to insure proper certification.
• Interpret and explain graduation requirements and procedures for faculty, advisors, students, and staff, and communicate with same to arrive at appropriate resolution to unusual situations.
• Accurately record, retrieve, and oversee others recording graduation application and certification into the Banner Student Information System (SIS).
• Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
Bachelor's degree plus one (1) year of experience in student affairs or a related field/setting working with college students in a customer service, advising, career counseling, financial aid, and/or teaching capacity.
Requires a valid driver's license and proof of insurability.
Proficient in MS Office suite and student information systems.
Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, communicative, and computer skills.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing in complex situations
Ability to work effectively with a variety of populations in a diverse community setting.
Strong customer service background in high volume office with demonstrated commitment to excellence.
Ability to work/travel during the occasional evening and weekends.
Master's degree in student affairs, counseling, or higher education administration, or another appropriate discipline.
Three years of enrollment advising experience.
Ellucian Banner Student Information System software and Recruit CRM software experience.
Experience working with at-risk students.
Experience working with non-traditional students.
Bilingual in Spanish/English.
Generally 8-5, M-F, with some evening and/or weekend hours
Open Until Filled
Valid Driver's License, Non-Standard Office Hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3121
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- * Describe your customer service experience in higher education related to Admissions and Registration
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document