Hyde Park Campus
30344 Bus-Information Technology
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Systems Administrator is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining technologies for the University of Chicago Booth School of Business (Chicago Booth). The environments include Microsoft Windows, Linux, and VMware. The Systems Administrator keeps abreast of technology trends and information and recommends appropriate hardware and software upgrades.
The Systems Administrator's responsibilities include:
- Supporting VMWare, Windows Servers, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Office 365
- Evaluating, installing and configuring new hardware and software
- Answering technical inquiries and assisting users within established service level agreements
- Monitoring and tuning system performance
- Participating in special projects
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues
- Troubleshooting reported problems
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Performing routine audits of systems and software
- Documenting technical environment and system configuration
- Creating, updating, or deleting user accounts
Education, Experience or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
- A minimum three years of systems administration experience required.
- Experience managing networked servers with knowledge of system utilities, hardware installation, switches, firewalls, networks, and operating/application system installation required.
- Experience in a multi-platform network environment including mail server and client support, RDP, VPN and Cloud environment support.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Expertise with system administration issues in a large and complex server environment required.
- Knowledge of backup technology, monitoring and other automated systems management technologies required.
- Outstanding deductive and investigative skills to identify and diagnose complex, technical problems required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Ability to work well with others and in a team environment required.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative required.
- Ability to quickly learn new techniques, concepts, and procedures required.
- Integrity and credibility to work with sensitive data required.
- Cover letter
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/