Hyde Park Campus
30344 Bus-Information Technology
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Instructional Designer will work with University of Chicago Booth School of Business faculty and program staff to develop high quality online and hybrid courses for graduate and Executive Education programs. They guide faculty through the online course design process by matching the instructor's subject matter expertise with best practices for online and hybrid course delivery. The Instructional Designer will provide consultation and guidance to faculty in the design and development of online and traditional courses and programs.
- Collaborates with instructors on the pedagogical design and development of curriculum content by identifying existing content and developing a strategy to convert it into an elearning environment.
- Works with faculty to recommend, develop, and implement learning assessments and provides ongoing feedback and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Works with faculty and staff to experiment with emerging instructional technologies and teaching methodologies.
- Works with faculty and staff in developing and implementing evaluation criteria and success metrics for online and hybrid courses.
- Investigates innovative uses of technology in teaching and learning and promotes the use of specialized applications, equipment, and services, including face-to-face interaction as well as group, seminar, and webbased interaction.
- Develops resources and services, including tailored training programs, documentation, online reference materials, learning modules, and seminars ranging from basic online course management skills to the advanced application of technology in teaching.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of instructional design research, principles and emerging applications of instructional design theories and instructional technology applications.
- Maintains professional expertise in online teaching and learning, electronic pedagogy, and technology-based course delivery, including: learning management systems (LMS), multimedia and instructional course software, adaptive learning tools, multimedia presentation, web conferencing, and classroom technologies.
- Monitors trends, identifies opportunities, and explores innovative solutions to teaching and learning problems.
- Fosters the development and understanding of new technologies pertaining to learning and scholarship by developing and maintaining a network of relationships with colleagues across campus, other institutions, and professional affiliations on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with faculty, videographers, graphic designers and various marketing groups to plan and coordinate online learning.
- Works with a variety of internal and external vendors (Coursera, Canvas, University IT Services) to ensure that faculty needs are met and managed.
- Directs and oversees the story boarding, shooting and post production of instructional videos.
- Designs, creates, and executes training for faculty, staff and students on a variety of learning technology tools.
Education, Experience or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Master's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related field is preferred.
- A minimum three years of experience in an instructional design/development position or relevant experience required.
- At least two years of experience developing online and hybrid courses required.
- Experience working with faculty in a higher education environment required.
- Experience with hybrid and online instructional design in higher education required
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other instructional technologies to further the teaching and learning processes required. (Admin experience with Canvas, and Coursera preferred.)
- Experience writing and developing instructional materials is required.
- Experience with e-learning authoring tools required (Articulate 360/Storyline, Adapt, Camtasia, Captivate or equivalent.)
- At least two years of experience training faculty in the use of educational technologies preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- High level of proficiency in adult/online learning theory and principles and the ability to teach this information to others preferred.
- A strong team orientation and consultative skills required.
- Basic project management skills required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, adapt to change and high attention to details required.
- Flexibility and availability to work some evenings and weekends required.
- Ability for some limited international travel to Booth's global locations preferred.
- Cover letter
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/