Instructor, Law Enforcement Academy
Department: Basic Police Academy Credit
Location: KeyBank Public Safety Training Center
Reports To: Director, Police Academy
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req37
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: PT104-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Hours depend on program needs
Individual must possess an Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA)
teaching certification. OPOTA certification must list all course curriculum in
subject areas which the instructor is certified to instruct.
- Prepare and present Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy Student
- Performance Objects as per the OPOTA Curriculum polices and procedures.
- OPOTA Instructor Certification.
- Minimum of five years Law Enforcement experience.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, proficiency in Word Processing and PowerPoint Presentation software, as well as Internet and Email basic skills.
- Associates or Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice or related fields.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
A Human Resources representative is available to assist you Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. at (216) 987-4831 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.