Instructor, Fire/EMS Training
Department: Fire N/C
Location: KeyBank Public Safety Training Center
Reports To: Director, Fire Academy
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req45
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: PT112-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Hours will depend on program needs
- Provides instruction for non-credit Advanced Fire and EMS programs.
- Coordinates and evaluates student performance through various evaluation
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid firefighter or ems instructor certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals at all levels, internal and
external to the College
- Basic math skills
- Valid Ohio driver's license and ability to meet the College's insurability
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Associate's degree
- Experience in fire training
Special Note:Frequently required to stand for extended periods of time. Must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.