Course Faculty Manager, Graduate Programs, Teachers College
The Faculty Manager is a member of WGU's academic leadership team. This position will be working with our Course Instructors in the Graduate Programs for Teachers College. As a faculty manager, you are primarily responsible for successfully implementing various faculty initiatives to enhance the student experience. You will be leading a team of Course Instructors, empowering them to deliver results and continuously improve processes to help our students succeed. You will inspire and engage our faculty members to be top performers and to be individual leaders who demonstrate the WGU leadership principles.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manages Course Instructor performance to achieve organizational goals and initiatives
- Conducts Course Instructor performance reviews and manages performance improvement plans
- Develops and leads team- and program-specific training initiatives
- Collaborates with our faculty members across different colleges and departments to ensure a consistent and seamless student experience
- Participates in department planning, hiring, and training initiatives
- Supports university colleagues as necessary
- Doctorate or terminal degree required with a background in higher education leadership
- 3-5 years’ proven experience in leading large teams
- Teaching experience in higher-education or secondary education
- Demonstrates strong people leadership skills; able to inspire and engage team members to go above and beyond
- Is a team player and collaborates well with others to achieve a common goal
- Must be comfortable with collecting, analyzing, and using quantitative information to implement change
- Thrives in a dynamic, innovative work environment
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately; friendly, persuasive speaking style
- Must be technologically competent: experience using Outlook email and calendar, video conferencing tools, and MS Office is required
- Thinks Strategically – Communicates to improve and promote teamwork, decision-making, and problem solving. Listens and responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Adjusts message and style to fit the audience. Provides timely and helpful feedback. Communicates appropriately to win support with all.
- Executes and Achieves Results – Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their ideas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains buy-in, trust, and support of others.
- Managerial Courage – Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without the total picture. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Develops Team and Individuals – Has a strong outcomes-based orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of successfully exceeding goals. Pushes self and helps others achieve results to positively influence WGU and our students. Has a continuous-improvement mindset.
- Fiscal Responsibility – Clear ownership and delivery of revenue and cost budgets.
- Leads Change – Is an agent for change, influences others to accept change. Effectively demonstrates own ability to change, shifts gears comfortably, decides and acts without having the complete picture; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
WORK FROM HOME, United States