Senior Staff Attorney
Senior Staff Attorney
Department: McGeorge School of Law
Posting Number: 201301343P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with possibility of travel. The position is funded through December 2019.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 05/07/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Oversee legal research and writing on victims' rights related matters. Take lead on the creation Victims of Crime Resource Center (VCRC) publications and informational materials. Assist with coordination of VCRC outreach events. Assist in ensuring that information on VCRC website is up to date. Provide complete case management and direct legal representation to victim of crime in Sacramento County. This position reports to the Director of the Victims of Crime Resource Center.
1. Assist with VCRC daily functions.
2. Provide direct legal representation to VCRC Legal Center clients, including complete case management.
3. Write and publish reports.
4. Oversee VCRC technical assistance inquiries and manage research library.
5. Conduct legal research and provide technical assistance to service providers on victims; rights related issues.
6. Coordinate statewide VCRC outreach, in coordination with VCRC Director.
7. Manage special VCRC projects.
8. Publish articles on victims’ rights related issues.
9. Assist VCRC Director in creating new VCRC publications and informational materials.
10. Analyze relevant legal issues pertaining to victims’ rights on a statewide and national level.
11. Perform additional duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11904
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.