Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships is responsible for managing, maintaining, growing, and deepening relationships with the Office of Innovation (OOI)'s advisor and partner network. This position meets with key partners (e.g., mentors, coaches, teams, advisors, partner, industry professionals, strategic partners, and business partners) within the Office of Innovation's network in order to strengthen network engagement and promote network growth. Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships will also work directly with the Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship and University Advancement staff to raise funds for OOI (and Azusa Pacific University). This position will be successful if current advisors are retained and engaged, new advisors are seamlessly added to the network and engaged in key activities (e.g., coaching, mentoring, etc.), and if additional dollars are raised to support OOI programs.
- Bachelor's degree required (master's degree preferred)
- One-to-three years of startup experience or experience with Zuventurez (or like programs)
- Prefer Higher Education experience
- One-to-three years of relationship management or business development experience preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Meet with individuals within our advisor network to ensure that they have latest program details in hand and are fully prepared to engage with OOI and/or Zuventurez programs
- Deepen relationships with existing advisors and encourage further engagement and/or financial contributions or sponsorship of Zuventurez programs (alongside University Advancement)
- Generate new relationships with industry professionals, drawing more partners, supporters, and advisors into our network
- Pitch OOI and Zuventurez programs to interested parties in an effort to gain more support (both within and external to the university)
- Maintain steady, targeted contact with key advisors within the OOI and Zuventurez network
- In partnership with University Advancement, creates a plan of engagement and stewardship for donor prospects and donors assigned to the Office of Innovation
- Develop campaigns to boost engagement with OOI and Zuventurez programs
- Work alongside University Advancement to boost engagement and to encourage financial contributions
- Maintain software related to relationship management and marketing efforts as needed
- Collect data on marketplace trends in accordance with what industry partners are doing
- Report back to the Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship with key initiative ideas, programming changes, and/or new concepts for fundraising
- In partnership with the University Advancement office, creates a plan of engagement and stewardship for donor prospects and donors assigned to the OOI
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.