Manager, Information Technology
Manager, Information Technology
Closing Date/Time: 7/13/2018
Salary: $87,895.00 - $104,951.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Information Technology
Responsibilities and Duties
- Selects, assigns, supervises, trains and evaluates subordinate technical, professional and clerical staff; coaches and counsels staff; recommends disciplinary actions; recommends staffing levels necessary to implement and support projects.
- Supervises and participates in the development and enhancement of systems; identifies user needs, conducts feasibility studies; designs systems, performs or reviews development of systems and programs.
- Performs complex systems analysis and design, and applications programming. Supervises and participates in the development and maintenance of routine and complex in-house software applications; supervises and participates in the implementation and development of complex externally developed applications.
- Participates in work groups to determine software development needs; sets programming project priorities.
- Assists in developing of short and mid range plans for information technology; assists in developing annual goals and objectives; assists in identifying and evaluating new technology and recommending implementation of new or enhanced technology; projects staff, equipment, software and repair and maintenance costs for development of department budget; assists in determining allocation of staff and resources; recommends policies, procedures and protocols.
- Represents the department at campus and community events and programs; serves on or chairs campus committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Principles and techniques of applications programming, database analysis and /or systems analysis
- Applications programs currently in use including specific programming languages as determined by assignment
- Principles and practices of supervision and training
- Principles and techniques of web-based systems and programs
- Computer software applications that support management systems and administrative functions
- Analyze user requirements and coordinate the development and implementation of computer and network applications
- Design, develop and implement computer systems and applications
- Rapidly learn new programming languages, applications programs and/or database structures
- Analyze and solve technical production problems
- Assign, train, supervise, evaluate and motivate professional, technical, clerical and student staff
- Serve as technical resource on state of the art technology
- Analyze and evaluate technology and apply to college business or academic use as appropriate
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, gender, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with computer science, mathematics, business administration, public administration or a closely related field; and
- Three years of progressively responsible related experience and at least two (2) years of leadership or supervisory experience.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.