Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship Graduate Coordinator (R-01000)
Date of Notice: May 8, 2018. Review of applications will begin June 11 and will continue until the position is filled.
Date of Appointment: August 6, 2018.
Position Description: The Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship Graduate Coordinator oversees, coordinates, tracks, and supervises Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship (RCOBE) graduate student entry into, progress within, and graduation from the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program and works toward enhancing the academic success, retention, and graduation rates of all MBA graduate students. Responsibilities include marketing graduate programs, communicating with, supervising, and registering MBA students, as well as additional program support as necessary. The Graduate Coordinator works closely with the RCOBE Dean and the MBA Committee to resolve student issues, recommend and initiate changes in program, implement program initiatives, and resolve issues related to academic services and curriculum requirements.
Duties include the following:
- Develop marketing materials, attend career or business fairs, and coordinate activities to promote the MBA program, graduate certificate programs, and other graduate programs as needed.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the MBA marketing plan.
- Respond to all inquiries from prospective and current graduate students.
- Initially review MBA applications and submit to the MBA Committee, or RCOBE Dean for approval.
- Oversee all aspects of advising for MBA graduate students and RCOBE graduate certificate students.
- Track and review business graduate student performance of advisees and recommend actions/improvements.
- Prepare programs of study, candidacy forms, and other paperwork required by the Graduate School.
- Generate appropriate reports in conjunction with the RCOBE Dean and FHSU Graduate School.
- Lead administration of MBA comprehensive exams and other assessment activities each semester. Present results to the MBA Committee to use for: 1) for approval of passage of individual students; 2) assessment and continuous improvement of the program.
- Coordinate appointments for all Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA) within the RCOBE, review and evaluate graduate assistant performance, track bi-monthly work verifications for GTAs, and may include some GTA supervision.
- Serve as a member of the MBA Committee, schedule MBA Committee meetings, assist the MBA Committee Chair in identifying agenda items, update and maintain the MBA Handbook, and develop and disburse MBA Committee meeting minutes.
- Organize program semester events to engage current MBA students (Tea Up for the Semester, MBA Dinner for New Students, MBA Graduation Reception, etc.)
- Populate MBA program reports for external sources (U.S. News & World Report, Ingram’s, etc.) in coordination with other campus offices.
- Coordinate and distribute program surveys to graduating students and alumni. Collect and retain survey results.
- Assist the RCOBE Dean and MBA Committee in developing new program initiatives and partnerships.
- Assist with graduate career and placement opportunities and track MBA career placements.
- Serve as liaison between the RCOBE and the FHSU Graduate School.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the RCOBE Dean or requested by the MBA Committee or Graduate School.
This is a full-time, 12-month administrative/university support staff position.
- A Master’s degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- A degree in a business or related field is preferred
- Experience with academic advising of students
- Experience in successful recruitment of students
- Experience in marketing
BENEFITS: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and names and contact information for four professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE:
Mission: The Fort Hays State University Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship offers highly engaging educational experiences, preparing and supporting our students and alumni for professional success in a dynamic, global environment. Our focus is on instructional engagement. Faculty add value to student instruction and the community through scholarly activity and ongoing professional engagement. The College provides service that benefits the university, our disciplines, and the greater community. (Adopted by COBE Faculty on May 4, 2016).
Description: The college consists of four large and growing departments: Applied Business Studies; Economics, Finance, and Accounting; Informatics; and Management and consists of more than 50 full-time faculty supported by key staff. In addition to a wide range of undergraduate programs, it has a significant sized Master of Business Administration program and also offers Master of Professional Studies degrees in Human Resource Management and varying areas of Informatics. On-campus students majoring in these academic areas number approximately 800 and domestic distance learning students number 1150. The RCOBE is housed in the historic, but recently remodeled McCartney Hall and newly constructed Hammond Hall. In addition to on-campus offerings, the college offers several undergraduate and graduate degrees on-line. It also participates in joint degrees with two partner universities in China. Among the college’s many unique attributes is the Dane G. Hansen Entrepreneurship Scholarship Hall that opened with the 2016-2017 academic year. Website: http://www.fhsu.edu/rcobe/
ABOUT FORT HAYS STATE UNIVERSITY:
Founded in 1902, FHSU is a leading, forward-thinking university of the Midwest, with student enrollment of more than 15,000 (including 4,600+ on the Hays campus, a unique China partnership program with enrollment of 3,500+ students, and Virtual College enrollment at over 6,800+). Over 400 faculty and more than 500 professional and staff support and guide degree and certificate programs for the associate’s, bachelor's, and master's programs, and for the Doctorate of Nursing Practice, representing 31 departments within these academic divisions:
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- W.R. and Yvonne Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship
- College of Education
- College of Health and Behavioral Sciences
- Peter Werth College of Science, Technology, and Mathematics
- Graduate School
Fort Hays State University provides exceptional opportunities for students from Kansas, the region, and the world, and the University attracts goal-oriented students who want premier learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom combined with one-to-one attention and support. FHSU students graduate with the knowledge, professional skills, and confidence to have a competitive edge in their chosen careers. Upon graduation, 95% of FHSU students find a job or placement in graduate school.
ABOUT HAYS, KS:
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.