Director of Facilities Management
Under the general direction of the Vice President for Business and Finance, directs the planning and administration of all physical facilities at the University. Oversees maintenance, operations, and housekeeping of all facilities and grounds, as well as the utilities system. Develops the University's capital renewal and replacement budget. Coordinates with senior leadership and the Board of Regents in the planning and construction of new capital improvement projects. Is responsible for the overall management of environmental controls systems and ensuring the University is in compliance with all regulatory issues related to the storage of hazardous materials. The Director provides a link between the University and the Board of Regents on all matters concerning University infrastructure and related services; advises administration on all relevant policies and procedures related to the management of the physical resources of the University. The Director reports directly to the Vice-President for Business and Finance and ensures compliance with all applicable State of Georgia, Department of Administrative Services, University System Board of Regents', federal, local, and any University policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and direction in all aspects of administering the facilities management division including strategic planning and customer focused programs.
- Oversees the preparation of and administers the approved annual operating budget, performing periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Prepares and works with the BOR on various capital and capital improvement budgets for the University.
- Oversees new construction and campus improvement projects, including planning, development of bid specs, monitoring construction work acceptance, etc.
- Responsible for developing a major maintenance program for the University, including the reporting of deferred maintenance costs as well as estimating costs for long range repairs and replacements.
- Responsible for the compilation of data on various contractors, delayed maintenance costs, etc. to support adequate planning.
- Develops performance contracts with vendors, ensuring all procurement processes as determined by the State of Georgia are followed in the acquisition of vendor services and supplies.
- Ensures all contractors are providing services or products to the University in line with the performance standards of their contract, supervises contractors directly when necessary
- Develops benchmarking criteria and collects performance data to monitor success and risk conditions associated with all maintenance programs.
- Recommends and participates in the development of University policies and procedures related to the area.
- Serve on and/or contribute guidance and support to various University executives, committees and councils related to facilities and maintenance operations.
- Provides decision support to the Vice President of Business and Finance and/or the Office of the President on legal and policy issues and matters related to infrastructure development and maintenance.
- Serves as the University liaison with the State of Georgia (DOAS) and the University System of Georgia Board of Regents on all matters concerning University property and infrastructure
- Prepares and submits documents and required reports to the University System BOR (or Senior Leadership as requested) for approval, processing, etc.
- Maintains spatial detail for the University to report to the Board of Regents and for planning purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Business and Finance.
- Valid driver's license
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent experience relating to mechanical/structural trades and/or building construction within an educational or similar institution.
- Minimum of seven years' experience managing multiple departments/activities in planning, programming, construction, and maintenance of facilities
- Working knowledge of at least three trades
- Capability to plan, coordinate, analyze, execute and document specific administrative and management functions with a sense of long-term goals
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with diverse constituencies
- Supervisory and leadership skills, team building, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as critical thinking and decision-making
- Accomplished written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the development of relevant policies and procedures
- Excellent computer skills, particularly related to WORD, Excel, and project planning tools.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work weekends and flexible hours
- Master's degree in related field
- More than seven years' experience managing multiple departments/activities in planning, programming, construction, and maintenance of facilities
- Computer experience with work order systems and MS Project or other project tools.
- Experience in engineering/architectural design
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends
- Work will be performed indoors and/or outdoors; exposure to inclement weather conditions is possible
- Occasional travel to attend conferences, meetings, trainings, etc.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Reaching, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Lifting, moving up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- May be subjected to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, extreme temperatures, work space restrictions, and intense noises
- DIRECT REPORTS
- 2 Clerical Assistants
- Data Analyst
- Project Manager
- Facilities Coordinator
- Director of Risk Management, Safety, and Transportation (dotted line)
- Custodial Supervisor
- Warehouse/Mailroom Supervisor
- Groundskeeping Supervisor
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://www.applicantpro.com/j/796359-163871