VoIP Network Engineer III - Information Technology
The role of the VoIP Network Engineer III is to work with the Assistant Vice-Chancellor, IT Infrastructure, the Directors of Architecture and Engineering and IT Operations, to enable the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and University to offer highly available, robust voice services 24 hours per day and 365 days per year. Additionally, the VoIP Network Engineer III is to assist in managing the IT Infrastructure through support of voice services based on Ciscos Unified Communications technology. The VoIP Network Engineer III is responsible assisting with the design, operation and support of the university's Cisco Unified Communications platform consisting of Call Manager, Unity, and Contact Center applications.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and implement highly scalable and resilient VoIP network.
- Manage day-to-day operations, ensuring the integrity, security and high availability for voice services.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of Cisco technologies, with particular emphasis on Unified Communications.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of voice and networking technologies.
- Perform network and voice assessments.
- Lead and assist in developing technical and user-facing documentation.
- Produce usage and inventory reports.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational abilities, ability to prioritize and follow up on open issues and projects with a sense of urgency.
- Ensure that service delivery and customer satisfaction exceed published service levels and coordinate escalation of issues as required.
- Assist the staff responsible for the deployment, maintenance and support of hardware and software.
- Responsible for driving the One DU culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, information systems, computer engineering, telecommunications or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of IT and/or business/industry work experience including network and voice operations.
- 5 or more years of network operations and support experience.
- 3 or more years of supporting converged infrastructure.
- 3 or more years Cisco VoIP implementation and support experience.
- Professional level Cisco Certifications in Voice, Routing & Switching preferred ; CCVP, CCNP or CCIE level certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Leadership experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects.
- Requires exposure to multiple, diverse networking technologies.
- Proven leadership ability current and thorough knowledge of Cisco technologies.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 pm (MST) June 11, 2018. Applications may be accepted and reviewed until position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.