Office Coordinator (Part-time)
William & Mary invites qualified applicants to apply for the Office Coordinator position, at James Monroe's Highland located in Charlottesville, VA.
Operations at James Monroe’s Highland is a unit that performs the basic functions of public interface and program delivery, including the booking of reservations, the rental of facilities, and essential customer service.
The Office Coordinator serves as the main point of contact for James Monroe’s Highland and supports office operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Answering the phone and directing calls to the proper personnel.
- Scheduling tour and event registrations. Maintaining a databases of reservations. Compile schedules for staff and operations plans for events.
- Maintaining mailing lists, files and office supplies.
High school degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of general office practices and equipment (Phone systems, computers, fax, scanner and copier, etc.), with the ability to perform administrative tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a strong customer service orientation, with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external constituencies while exercising good judgment and using diplomacy in all interactions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook), with the ability to draft or compile data and maintain a database.
- Experience in an office support/customer service position.
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Successful completion of an Office Administrative training or certificate program is desirable.
- An Associate degree in Business or other related field is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience making or receiving reservations is desirable.
- Experience in a receptionist role or coordinating office operations is a plus.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.