• Designs and implements the Blank Center's outreach and communications strategy; develops integrated marketing communications plans to leverage and support the Center's objectives; and creates the associated communications and content needed to execute against it.
• Manages and continues to evolve the Center's brand while maintaining consistency of brand across all marketing and communications channels.
• Cultivates and manages the Center's relationships with internal and external stakeholders such students, faculty, staff, academic partners, corporations, nongovernmental organizations, government partners, and professional organizations; identifies links between these stakeholders and the Center's activities.
• Continuously curates, creates, and facilitates content (i.e., digital, print, and presentation) that lines up against internal and external outreach and communication objectives.
• Collaborates with the College Marketing team and other College departments to ensure consistency in messaging and drive efficiencies in resources; identifies and executes opportunities to partner on programming, marketing strategies, and collaboration opportunities. To this end, attends regular meetings of the Marketing Council, Social Media Council, Social Media Steering Committee, and the College's Editorial team.
• Assists in developing, and leads marketing, for new initiatives, products, and programs that the Blank Center creates.
• Writes and develops marketing collateral pieces as needed, including program brochures, event flyers and posters, PowerPoint presentations, online video, and more.
• Supports the Advancement team, Executive Director, and Associate Directors in the creation of donor/sponsor proposals and collateral.
• Manages all social media platforms, campaigns, and day-to-day activities, including The Blank Center's Facebook and Twitter accounts (and potentially develops new ones), and provides a pipeline of content to College Marketing for Babson's institutional accounts; responds to all feedback and questions coming through social media channels; recommends improvements and participates in the development of best practices for social and digital marketing initiatives to increase conversations, engagement, and optimization; evaluates and reports on all aspects of performance.
• Oversees all website content and works closely with student interns to update as needed.
• Monitors effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs; analyzes, reviews, and reports on effectiveness of activities to maximize results; and regularly communicates insights gained from social media monitoring to Executive Director and Associate Directors, and makes concrete recommendations for strategy improvements.
• Identifies opportunities to gain PR exposure for both The Blank Center and Babson College; works closely with the College's PR department to leverage incoming opportunities and strategize potential press releases and press-worthy stories and pitches.
• Directs and builds the Center's Living Entrepreneurship blog on the Babson.edu website; writes relevant blog posts, recruits guest posts; creates engaging content series which support the Center's overall brand in the blogosphere and beyond including the new podcast series.
• Acts as ghostwriter for Executive Director and Associate Director as needed; edits all blog posts to ensure consistency of voice and brand identity.
• Works closely with the different research projects at the Blank Center such as Diana Project, STEP, GEM and BCERC to integrate and amplify content, build brand awareness, and cultivate thought leadership in many different platforms, globally.
• Manages publication production as needed; maintains relationships with external vendors including design, copy editors, printers; works within budget to determine best pricing; produces production schedule and produces final product on time and on budget.
• Utilizing Constant Contact platform, writes and deploys monthly email newsletter; manages, curates and consistently grows mailing list.
• Attends the Center's and appropriate stakeholder/partner events to increase online and in-person participation.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Undergraduate Student Interns (1-3)Education Requirements:
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• 4-6+ years in marketing, communications, and program management, with editorial and social media experience
• Must have a passion for an entrepreneurial environment
• Must have outstanding organization, communication, & project management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage their time efficiently
• Must have strong analytical skills, with an eye towards results as well as creative problem-solving skills with the ability to innovate
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format
• Must have the ability to establish creditability and confidence with stakeholders
• Must have exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be effective engaging with all levels within the college
• Requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Flickr, etc.), and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
• Requires knowledge of virtual and blogging ecosystem relevant to innovation and entrepreneurship
• Must be a team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide colleagues from across the campus when necessary
• Must have a strong understanding of online marketing initiatives and how to measure effectiveness of social media, branding, local advertising, grass roots marketing and promotions
• Must have knowledge of principles of SEO
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), SharePoint, Illustrator/Adobe design
• Demonstrated effectiveness in working with diverse stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, corporate partners, nongovernmental organizations, government partners, and other constituents
• Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
• Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• May require some nights/weekends and domestic/international travel
• Requires some independent, off-site work
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
• Entrepreneurial experience and/or previous experience in higher education a plus
• Public relations, marketing, sales, and/or community management experience a plus