Enrollment Services Tech
Under general supervision of the Director of Enrollment Services, the Enrollment Services Tech will independently perform complex tasks related to record management and accuracy using an extensive technical knowledge of the Student Management System (SMS); complex database and Excel knowledge and skills; and the ability to analyze data and trouble shoot human/technical interface problems. Additionally, this position may compare data from various sources to identify trends, differences, and similarities and tabulates numerical data from information provided and prepare summaries and reports.
Exercise initiative in problem solving with an ability to work under pressure and multitask with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in an extremely busy, public office environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform work related to data clean-up, database job scheduling, registration appointment and code management, unusual action codes, and waitlist processes
- Create, develop, and implement technology solutions to meet program requirements and increase the efficiency of department work flow processes
- Generate SQL (Structured Query Language) queries or DATAX reports related to student enrollment and completion
- Develop queries to further automate batch processes in databases and systems and identify errors
- Create queries or reports to track student populations, FTE reports, identify data entry errors, analyze cause of error, and provide or implement a solution
- Provide technical assistance for Degree Audit in coordination with the Credentials Evaluator
- Provide various technical support
- Support Enrollment Services team assisting as needed with student registration, add/drops, withdrawals, problem solving, and transcript order
- Provide excellent customer service, guide new students through the admission and assessment process, provide information on programs and services in person, on the phone, and through written correspondence
- Assist with Commencement and other special projects and events
- Working independently and collaboratively to maintain a student-centered and customer-service oriented work environment
- Build and maintain positive and constructive peer relationships that directly contribute to high workplace morale
- Cross-train as applicable
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
Two years of clerical experience.
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite specifically Access and Excel
- Experience with application development
- Experience with data analysis
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy initiative, and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Experience with Student Management System (SMS)
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a community college, college, or enrollment services setting
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds
- Bilingual, especially in Spanish and English
- Awareness of own cultural values and biases
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team and to collaborate with colleagues from other departments