Instruction & Classroom Support Tech 1
The position provides Instructional and Technical support to the Electronics, Robotics, and Automation and Mechatronics programs under the general direction of Program Faculty and Workforce Education.
Performs technical instructional support involving technical knowledge, materials and techniques, and industrial technology and electronics.
· Inventory and maintain instructional equipment
· Order and maintain software for equipment
· Assist with evaluating and creating specifications for purchases
· Organize supplies in storage rooms and labs
· Supervise lab operations when necessary
· Design and fabricate solution to hardware problems as necessary
· Maintain integral relationships with local industry
· Assist in planning and organizing advisory meetings
· Assist with marketing for programs
· Communicate with potential students/employers about program potential
· Other duties as assigned
· Six months to two years of full-time experience/training in Automation/electronics, or related discipline OR
· Equivalent education/experience.
· Minimum 3-5 years of related experience (automation/electronics) or equivalent education
· History of good technical skills and willingness to embrace emerging technology
· Ability to work independently, self-motivated with good time management skills
· Ability to communicate with team members and outside contacts (industry, incoming students).
· Willingness to assist with student learning as the highest priority
· Familiarity with college operations