University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Anesthesiology has an opening for a full-time Anesthesiologist to serve as the Medical Director of the Interventional Pain Management Clinic at the University of Colorado Hospital. The candidate will be responsible for fostering and leading the mission to create a nationally recognized Pain Management Center.
- The Medical Director will be responsible for providing clinical services and operational oversight using an inter-disciplinary approach.
- Manages faculty and staff of the pain management clinic, including involvement with faculty recruitment and development
- Fiscal and operational management of the clinic including strategies for growth
- Continue to develop the ACGME certified Chronic Pain Fellowship into a nationally renowned program that has the potential to increase Fellowship positions available
- Manages learners that come through the clinic within the School of Medicine residency and fellowship programs and ensures that they receive a high standard of education
- Play a leadership role in developing inter- and intradepartmental collaborations that are designed to enhance the prestige and credibility of the Pain Clinic (clinically, administratively, educationally, and/or research-oriented)
- Increase the number of peer-reviewed publications produced by the Pain Clinic annually
- Collaborates with our Acute Pain Service Team to consult on chronic pain patients as necessary
- Enhance collaboration with Palliative Care by increasing the Clinic's presence with palliative care patients
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to maintain good communication among families, primary care providers, and other referral services.
- Eligibility for the rank of Associate Professor
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Colorado
- Completion of a recognized ACGME-accredited fellowship in Pain Management
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- The candidate must have a minimum of two years' experience in Chronic Pain Management. A strong working and theoretical knowledge of Chronic Pain Management, including surgical procedures, experience in teaching Chronic Pain Management including procedures for the management of Chronic Pain is also required.
Strong candidates will have at least five years of demonstrated experience and success leading an Interventional Pain Management Clinic.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12322
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20138 - SOM-Anesthesiology
Posting Date: Jan 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dr. Thomas Henthorn
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00602052