Registrar - 165001
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Registrar's Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs
and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree
verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of
student academic records, as well as handles state and federal
The Registrar Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Registrar Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with the analysis and creation of transfer articulation received on-demand and through Transfer Evaluation System (TES) and uAchieve.
* Supports the daily operation of Verification, Indexing of academic transcripts and transfer credit articulation.
* Completes special assignments, projects, and tasks as requested.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess Associate's Degree and one year of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing.
* Ability to evaluate facts or situation to route calls/customers appropriately.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Basic MS Office skills.
* Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers, filing and recordkeeping, English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation and basic math.
* Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing through formal and informal communication structures.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work both as a group and independently.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting