Associate Director, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Location: Columbia, MO
Type: Staff, Full-time
The Associate Director of Human Resources, under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for providing human resource services College-wide, which includes the home campus located in Columbia, Missouri, the nationwide campus locations and the College’s online operations. This position requires professionalism, flexibility and experience in a wide range of human resources related duties and responsibilities, such as but not limited to:
- Supervise human resource personnel.
- Lead investigations regarding personnel matters, as well as those that fall within the realm of Title IX.
- Provide situational assistance to directors and supervisors regarding human resources management issues within their departments
- Collaborate with other College HR professionals to ensure that the College’s employment practices are in compliance with federal and multi-state regulations;
- Adhere to policies and practices to ensure the College is meeting its compliance obligations.
- Keep informed of regulatory changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Analysis, evaluation and determination of appropriate FLSA classifications for College positions.
- Knowledgeable in Columbia College policies and procedures; FMLA; ADA; job descriptions; FLSA exemption classification; Title IX.
- Management and oversight of the benefit administration of the College’s benefit plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business or related area. PHR or SPHR Certification.
- Two years of relevant experience in the area of Employee Investigations and as a Human Resources generalist.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is critical.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, business or related area.
- Experience working in a college environment
- This job summary is not meant to be all-inclusive of every duty and responsibility required by the employee in the position.
Please include a cover letter with your application materials for this position.
Benefits include free dependent in-seat undergraduate tuition and/or 75% tuition reduction for online classes, Tuition Exchange program for eligible dependents with dozens of partner institutions, phenomenal employer retirement contribution upon eligibility, generous paid leave, excellent health and dental insurance coverage, and exceptional, dedicated colleagues.
The offer of employment and assignment to duties is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check. The information may include, but is not limited to, academic, residential, achievement, performance, attendance, disciplinary, employment history, credit history, driving history, and criminal history of public record.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Columbia College is an equal opportunity employer.