Systems & Security Architect
Hyde Park Campus
30344 Bus-Information Technology
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
- The Systems & Security Architect works under the direction of the Enterprise Architect to design and develop the structure of systems to meet the requirements of assigned projects for The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business.The position facilitates the implementation of Booth's technology strategy.Additionally, the position is responsible for keeping abreast of industry trends and best practices, recommending appropriate hardware and software upgrades, serving as a systems expert and advisor, managing assigned projects and training infrastructure and application development team members.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business representatives, and subject matter experts on assigned projects to design information technology systems and solutions.
- Reviews solution options, researches and analyzes alternatives and recommends solutions to business and technology leadership.
- Evaluate security risks. Formulate and implement security plans.
- Monitor and address security vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for security incident response planning and management.
- Manage and recommend updates to information security policies and procedures for information technology assets.
- Assists with the development of standards, guidelines and policies related to the design and architecture of technology solutions.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates for IT systems and solutions.
- Reviews, provides input and approves the systems architecture.
- Reviews and approves technical processes, standards and software architectures used to develop, implement and support solutions.
- Provides domain coaching to assigned technical staff.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of systems across the organization.
- Responsible for providing senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprise's overall infrastructure architecture.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology related discipline required,
- Master's degree is preferred, with advance coursework or training Technical Architecture
- Training and certifications in information technology, computer networking, and database management are preferred.
- Security certification and related training preferred.
- At least seven years of progressive systems architecture experience required with a broad range of technologies and platforms required.
- Cloud computing and service-oriented architecture experience preferred.
- Project management experience, including the ability to plan and schedule architecture related projects and monitor their implementation, preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows and Linux), server virtualization and application servers required.
- Familiarity with security concepts and standards, such as OAuth, SAML, Shibboleth, PCI DSS, PII, encryption, and tokenization required.
- Familiarity with network architecture principles and concepts, including tiering, segmentation, DMZs, firewalls, load-balancing, failover, and disaster recovery required.
- Ability to define and understand key aspects of a problem and develop an integrated solution within a highly complex technical and business context required.
- Strong business and analytical thinking skills required.
- Ability to understand the business consideration of decisions, including cost/benefits of information technology solutions and should be able to assist in selecting cost effective solutions required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to solicit requirements and work with end users/customers required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff required.
- Strong attention to detail and good interpersonal skills required.
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/