Office Services Professional
The Office Services Professional is responsible for overall front desk activities, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests, building management, and part-time student assistants. This position is multi-faceted and is responsible for providing office support to the President of the University of Colorado and general assistance to the entirety of the Office of the President (OOTP) departments. This position is required to demonstrate professional customer service while assisting, informing, and directing customers to the appropriate resource.
The Office Services Professional is the initial point of contact for the University of Colorado on many occasions, either in person or by phone in a high-volume setting. Therefore, tact and diplomacy are important when interacting with individuals in order to direct them to the correct office/location. This position must also be able to accept high-profile assignments and projects to assist other units in OOTP, including Vice Presidents for Academic Affairs and Research, Budget and Finance, University Relations, University Counsel, and the Board of Regents. The Office Services Professional serves as a host by greeting and directing guests prior to meetings. In addition, the position will be responsible for addressing inquiries from all University of Colorado campuses and the general public. Other functions that pertain to this positon include building management, maintaining building phone lists, archiving reports, sorting correspondence, developing and proofreading building messages, elevator calendars, scheduling meeting rooms, and supervising student assistants for the Office of the President. This position reports to the Executive Assistant of the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Order office supplies for the departments on the 8th floor and maintain inventory for supply rooms.
- Maintain proper accounting of office orders through CU Marketplace.
- Vendor management in regards to all office management duties (i.e. Pitney Bowes, Xerox, FedEx, etc.).
- Examine all deliveries and forward to the appropriate person/department.
- Schedule conference rooms and ensure they are in order after each meeting.
- Responsible for oversight of campus and USPS mail.
- Provide support to all Vice Presidents, their departments, and their assistants with scheduling meetings & conferences, distributing / maintain office supplies, maintaining several conference room calendars for the entire OOTP as well as other special projects as assigned.
- Serve as backup to the Executive Assistant for the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff.
- Assist with high profile projects as needed.
Front Desk Operations:
- Lead front desk operations, including oversight of student employees.
- Create and maintain procedural guides for front desk operations.
- Provide a high-degree of essential customer service support for guests while maintaining a high-level of professionalism in a fast paced environment.
- Answer, screen, and transfer calls.
- Assess the proper person(s) to direct questions, problems, and issues for most efficient resolution.
- Maintain well-versed knowledge of www.cu.edu website and university structure in order to direct callers to the correct department and/or contact.
- Greet and direct visitors, business and community leaders, donors, staff, and faculty and ensure that the party they are meeting with is aware of their arrival.
- Provide information about the University and campuses and their respective functions when prompted.
- Serves as building management liaison submitting work tickets to building engineers, and communicating updates from building management for all 1800 Grant.
- Fire Warden Process Management, as part of the 8th floor Fire Warden team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of office management best practices.
- Knowledge of how to provide executive-level assistance.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks while working independently, as well as handle consistent interruptions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be dependable, conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable with achieving the organization's goals.
- Must be honest, transparent, and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be responsive to constituent concerns.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to recruit and supervise student employees effectively for the Office of the President.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $44,000-$48,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience (the educational requirement may be substituted for professional experience on a year for year basis).
- Three (3) years of previous experience in an office management, administrative assistant, executive assistant, or similar role.
- One (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of the University of Colorado structure.
- Previous professional experience within higher education.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by May 18, 2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next to each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50017 - Office of the President
Posting Date: May 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: System HR
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00732745