JOB NO.: 94539-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time, Temporary
Department: ENGR/ENGR PROF DEVELOPMENT
Categories: Engineering, Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 94539-AS
Working Title: Marketing Specialist
Official Title: MARKETING SPECIALIST(S74DN) or ASSOC MARKETING SPEC(S74FN)
Hiring Department: A199500-COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING/ENGR PROF DEVELOPMENT
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 15, 2018
Term: This position will end on JUNE 14, 2019.
Minimum $42,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Strategic Communications, or other related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
At least 1 year experience developing and/or executing successful targeted marketing campaigns via one or more of the following channels: (1) web (2) email, (3) print, and (4) networking media. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment. This person will work within an existing marketing team supporting the organization's continuing education and masters degree programs.
The ideal candidate will have these core skills and competencies:
1. Proven ability to communicate in a timely, effective manner with external and internal clients.
2. Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
3. Strong organizational and project management skills.
4. Ability to understand customer segmentation strategies that contribute to the success of larger strategic marketing plans.
5. High level of proficiency with leading spreadsheet and database software (e.g., Excel).
6. Analytical skills necessary to compile, and deliver relevant data-driven reports that yield useful insights with respect to marketing effectiveness including web analytics.
A successful candidate may also have one or more of these skills:
1. Experience with direct marketing campaigns, list selection, and managing mail plans.
2. Experience with third-party e-marketing platforms such as iContact, Constant Contact, or comparable products.
3. Experience with web development concepts, including firsthand experience with WordPress or other leading content management systems.
4. Experience with social marketing, including direct experience with LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other leading platforms.
5. Experience responding quickly to the needs of diverse clients/customers.
License or certificate:
As a member of EPD's Marketing and Communications staff, this position is responsible for supporting EPD's mail campaigns, both direct mail and email, including measuring effectiveness and providing tactical decisions to increase future effectiveness. The specialist will also provide digital marketing campaign support and assist with web development, maintenance, analytics, and networking media marketing. The specialist will work under the Director of Marketing and support EPD's Program Directors as a member of the department's Marketing Team.
This is a terminal position expected to last for one year from appointment date; with a possibility of an extension of up to an additional year, and the possibility of a change to fixed term renewable status if there is a need for an ongoing appointment and/or funding becomes available.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. Applicants will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume. Questions about the position can be directed to:
Mary Hurley, 608-262-0628 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: May 11 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: May 29 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time