Coordinator of Campus Visits - Office of Undergraduate Admissions ( A1800296 )
Coordinator of Campus Visits
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Coordinator of Campus Visits. The Coordinator of Campus Visits oversees the daily campus visit programs including supervising a 75 member student staff. The position is responsible for hiring, training and evaluating student tour guides and employees who assist with campus visits and summer registration programs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the reservation and confirmation process for the more than 35,000 campus visitors each year, maintaining users of the EM software and composing, editing and sending out confirmation emails for registrants based on the appropriate event.
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of undergraduate student paraprofessional staff, working with student Interns to advertise the student positions and post on the job board, organizing and scheduling staff and locations for interviews; coordinating the startup meetings and training sessions for new student employees; approving timesheets, vacation and sick time for student employees as well as serving as a resource for them for other Human Resource type questions; maintaining HR records for reference checks, and developing evaluation measures for student position performance.
- Serve as a liaison with colleges and departments about campus visit programs.
- Serve as the main contact for high schools and other agencies bringing groups to visit campus.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director, work in planning, executing, and evaluating all on campus visit programming; assist in creating a yearly visit calendar by providing dates student staff may or may not be available, acquiring knowledge of resources and other events on campus provided to secure successful visits; create a schedule for 70+ student employees for large visit days as well as Daily Visits; coordinate day of program logistics relating to parking, staffing, traffic patterns, equipment and supplies.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate periodic/special operations reports and surveys by pulling reports from the EM system to maintain a record of visitors and the attendance rates for future events, surveying visitors who attend for feedback and improvements, and generating year end reports for evaluation of yearly goals.
- Serve on an Admissions Review Committee, reviewing applicant files for admission to Illinois, reading essays, evaluating transcripts, and making final admission decisions.
- Present information to prospective students and family about the University of Illinois at both on-campus and off-campus venues.
- Travel to designated high schools or college fairs to represent the University of Illinois by answering questions from students, parents and attendees regarding the University and Admissions at Illinois.
Required education, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least two years of professional experience in admissions, recruitment, student affairs, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning.
- Experience working with current or prospective undergraduate students.
Preferred education, experience and qualifications:
- Master's degree.
- Demonstrated student training and supervision experience.
- Three or more years of professional experience.
This position is a 100% full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by May 28, 2018. Proposed start date for this position is as soon as possible. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after May 28, 2018. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator of Campus Visits - Office of Undergraduate Admissions ( A1800296 )
Open Date: 05/11/2018
Close Date: 05/28/2018
Organization Name: Undergraduate Admissions