Job ID 14307
Location UW Eau Claire
Full/Part Time Full-Time
POSITION: A full-time, Physician position (professional academic staff) is available in Student Health Services at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire beginning August 2018. This is an 80-100% Academic Year (9-month) contract with negotiable summer contracts.
- MD/DO with active and unrestricted license in Wisconsin and DEA registration (or ability to obtain by the time of hire)
- 5 or more years of experience (post residency) in an ambulatory setting
- Experience working with a diverse population and commitment to diversity and inclusivity
- Computer competency that includes Electronic Health Records/Patient Management System and ability to keep records up to date on a weekly basis
- Board Certification in Primary Care (Family/internal/Emergency Medicine or Pediatrics)
- Experience/proficiency in medical management of acute & chronic health issues in adolescents/young adults as well as preventative care management. This includes the full range of urgent care issues, mental health issues, minor surgical procedures, etc.
- Experience with/special interest in transgender care would be an asset
- Ability to function within a team approach
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Student Health Service Physician position (Job ID # 14307) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by May 10, 2018. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) . Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing
diversity, equity, and inclusion.