Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Kindergarten Teacher
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Early Childhood Services
Date Posted: 05/11/2018
Position Information: Under the direction of the Director of Early Childhood Services, the Kindergarten Teacher will provide a developmentally appropriate early education kindergarten program, following program standards of the California Department of Education, National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) with strict adherence to the NAEYC Ethical Code of Conduct, and meet applicable requirements for Title 5 State of California Education Code for kindergarten children. Provides a flexible program and environment supporting personal growth in accordance with each student's ability, supporting students, and families. Responsible for providing input on long range planning to the Early Childhood Education Supervisors.
Please Note: The classification title and salary range for this position are currently under review. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and the successful candidate will be placed at a salary range dependent on experience and education.
Please note: UCR is implementing a new job classification system, Career Tracks, with effective dates of September 27, 2015 for non-exempt employees and October 1, 2015 for exempt employees. The payroll title for the position for which you have applied may change at the time of hire or on September 27, 2015 and October 1, 2015, respectively. This change will not impact job duties, responsibilities or a salary that has been offered. Please visit: http://hr.ucr.edu/salary/careertracks.html for further information.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in related area.
Minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
Student teaching internship or full-time teaching experience in kindergarten through 12.
Working knowledge of principles, theories, methods, techniques and strategies pertaining to teaching and instruction.
Demonstrated understanding of behavior modification strategies, techniques and methods, conflict resolution procedures.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form using grammatically correct language.
Demonstrated ability to teach students of diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
Proficiency in selection and utilization of appropriate educational materials, supplies, equipment, technology and learning aids.
Proficiency in conducting a comprehensive teaching and instruction program.
Demonstrated understanding of child growth and development principles and theories.
Preferred Qualifications: Current Clear cross-cultural, Language and Academic Development (CLAD) certification via California Teacher of English Learners (CTEL) or equivalent Certification.
Valid California Credential or license authorizing service in grade levels and areas assigned.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview