Contract Admin - 351001
The Office of Contract Administration (OCA) supports the mission of the University by facilitating business contract processing, routing and administration for the UNT Health Science Center in a professional and timely manner, in accordance with State of Texas Laws and institutional policies. OCA manages the contract life cycle by facilitating communication between internal and external contracting parties, confirming adequacy of contract language, and maintaining a repository of all contract records and documentation.
The Office of Contract Administration at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Contracts Coordinator.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Manages all aspects of the university contracting function for business contracts including reviewing the terms of the contracts and coordinating further reviews as necessary; monitoring contract extensions or renewals and notifying departments of required actions; maintaining accurate contract records; following up on status of contracts; assisting with contract closeouts; and handling cancellations ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
* Monitors the overall contract review process and associated workflows related to their review in accordance with State statues and established University of North Texas System guidelines and protocols. Ensures that appropriate approvals are secured.
* Negotiates contract terms with second parties; Assists Contract Liaisons in negotiations as needed; coordinates the inclusion of any required revisions, addenda or amendments; acquires appropriate signatures on contract using automated contract management system.
* Performs compliance audits on contracts.
* Assists Contract Liaisons with monitoring contractor performance.
* Prepares standard and ad hoc contract reports.
* Works closely with the Office of General Counsel in administering all business/service/purchasing contracts and Business Support Services Purchasing department on ones that involve a procurement process.
* Assists with training and advising Contract Liaisons and department representatives regarding contact management, contract negotiation, and compliance with contract policies and procedures.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three (3) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Judgment to set priorities, evaluate results, and coordinate work with internal and external customers.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, with attention to detail, and with deadlines.
* Experience with Microsoft Excel, Adobe and Word.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong negotiating skills.
* Superior customer service skills as demonstrated through training or experience.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, confidence, and integrity while assisting customers.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualification:
* Proficiency with contract management software.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled