Physiology and Anatomy - 302600
The Department of Physiology and Anatomy, part of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, is dedicated to quality biomedical research and graduate education. Department research and training activities are supported through multiple federal and non-federal grants and we offer both MS and PhD degrees in a wide range of research areas. The department is highly interactive and maintains an active seminar program related to the interests of department members.
The Physiology and Anatomy Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Research Assistant to join our team.
This is a research position requiring skills in laboratory organization and maintenance and various bench work skills.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Write and modify experimental protocols, perform basic laboratory calculations, data entry, graphing, data analysis and interpretation, and maintenance of laboratory records.
* Be compliant with safety and mission critical procedures.
* Have excellent English communication and record keeping skills.
* Follow instructions with attention to detail and learn new techniques as needed.
* Meet deadlines.
* Be independent, self-motivated, and use sound judgement in performing routine tasks.
* Have a strong working knowledge of computers and standard software programs including Microsoft Office, statistical programs, and data acquisition programs with willingness to learn programs standard to the laboratory.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* B.Sc. or graduate degree in Chemistry, Biology or in the Biomedical Sciences.
* Prior laboratory benchwork experience .
* Proficiency with hands on skills involving the isolation and characterization of lipoproteins and the assembly of reconsituted/synthetic lipoproteins.
* Independent, detail-oriented approach to experimental design and execution.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date