Equal Opportunity Compliance Officer
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-11-2018
The Equal Opportunity Compliance Officer will provide guidance, support and delivery of programming and services for Illinois State University faculty, staff, students and administrators to support diversity, inclusiveness, equal access, equitable treatment, and a campus climate free from discrimination and harassment.
1. Juris Doctor
2. High productivity in an environment that has high expectations;
3. Ability to provide support and guidance in the implementation of ISU policies and procedures related to equal opportunity, affirmative action, harassment prevention and nondiscrimination;
4. Ability to provide outreach, consultation, and identification of resources to promote greater diversity, equity and inclusion;
5. Ability to assist in the creation and implementation of innovative and engaging educational programs relating to diversity, equity, inclusion and civil rights compliance;
6. Ability to research, identify, and implement best practices as it relates to diversity, equity and inclusion;
7. Ability to provide consultation and support for students, managers, supervisors, staff, faculty and administrators in all areas relating to OEOA's mission;
8. Ability to assist in the creation and implementation of ISU's annual Affirmative Action programs and plans;
9. Ability and experience in investigating and responding to complaints of alleged harassment and discrimination;
10. In-depth knowledge of applicable EEO and civil rights laws and regulations;
11. Knowledge of federal affirmative action regulations and requirements;
12. Ability to mediate and use problem-solving skills to conduct alternative dispute resolution;
13. Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with campus partners;
14. Excellent written and communication skills; and
15. Competence in using computer software for an office environment, including database management.
16. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.