Tech Support Associate
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
GW Libraries and Academic Innovation (GWLAI) is a catalyst, a spark to generate new ideas and new possibilities. Responsive to the changing landscape of information and education, being sensitive both to traditional and emergent modes of communication, we bring together diverse constituents of faculty, students, and staff in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and deeply engaged intellectual community to support research, teaching and learning. As part of the larger George Washington University, we are a nexus where exciting things happen, where change happens, where growth happens.
Reporting to the Senior Tech Support Associate, the Tech Support Associate is responsible for the following duties:
- Providing first level incident management and routine systems support services at the centralized Support Center. Supporting clients via telephone, email, in person, and via remote systems management in their utilization of various systems applications, University ERPs, and providing support for commercial off the shelf systems and applications. Gathering technical data from clients in order to diagnose issues and provide data for root cause analysis. Using designated Incident Management Systems as a work management and tracking tool. Delivering exceptional customer service to clients. Dispatching technicians to support incidents when necessary.
- Performing staff computer installs and support to include cable management, imaging, software installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of computers, printers, peripherals, etc.
- Ensuring prompt support and contribution to issue resolution.
- Maintaining a data source of vendor contact information and escalation protocols and keeping it accurate and up-to-date, and performing exception reporting against the data.
- Maintaining the department's service calendars for special event support and faculty training. Creating and disseminating operational documentation, staff training materials, and GW-specific application user documentation after obtaining management approval. Training peers and customers on new processes and technologies.
- Identifying trends in client interactions by location and type in order to quickly recognize problems and communicate to the appropriate Tier 2 teams and management.
- Representing the department in interdepartmental or divisional meetings and projects. Contributing ideas and expertise from the technical and customer service perspective in divisional meetings and projects.
- Providing daily oversight for equipment loan services provided by LAI to the GW community. Assisting faculty, staff, and students with questions and escalations regarding equipment loans.
- Assisting with the generation and reporting of standard departmental operating metrics. Assisting the supervisor in ad hoc reporting on quality measurements and performance tracking responsibilities.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience providing excellent customer service for an IT help desk, including providing remote support via telephone, and on-location hardware/software support.
- Experience supporting both Windows and Mac OSX operating systems.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills, to include experience writing technical support documentation
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs), and Microsoft Excel.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: University Libraries Family Information Technology Sub-Family Tech Support/Service Delivery Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am. - 5:30 p.m. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status.
In order to gain a better understating of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of “2014 – 2015,” it should include “April 2014 – January 2015” or similar information.Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007213 Job Open Date: 05/11/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter