The University of Kentucky is currently seeking a Database Administrator to work under the University of Kentucky Institute for Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, a multidisciplinary research center located in the College of Pharmacy. The purpose of UKIPOP is to develop research focused on pharmaceutical health policy, pharmaceutical health outcomes, economic evaluation, and decision analysis. UKIPOP research is driven by policy changes regulating the delivery of health care, changes in the role of pharmacy, and changes in the demographics of the US population.
This position will be located in Lexington, Kentucky, and will work with contracts associated with the Commonwealth of KY, Cabinet for Health & Family Services, Dept for Department for Behavioral Health, Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities (DBHDID). This position manages databases related to data collection applications developed to manage operational data for DBHDID. The position designs, tests, implements, and maintains reporting systems to support contract activities. This position develops utilities and complex SQL queries for data extraction and reporting, while also performing data conversions from several data sources. The candidate chosen for this position will be responsible for writing code and stored procedures to include, but not limited to interfacing data from multiple data sources. The candidate must provide technical support to other developers, data managers, clinicians and researchers utilizing biomedical data while also providing support to clients with a broad range of technical expertise.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
7K725:INSTITUTE FOR PHARMACEUTICAL OUTCOMES AND POLICY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting/standing for long periods of time; utilizing computer, including mouse and keyboard.
Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week
Oracle, SQL, ETL processes, database programming
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
5 years of information technology experience, including at least 3 years of database management preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience with database application development.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience in database administration, database management, and or SQL design.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * Please give a specific example of a complex project you've managed from start to finish. Include how your leadership on this initiative resulted in high impact change in your organization as well as the critical success factors which enabled you to achieve results.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter