HR Student Employment Specialist
Hyde Park Campus
83766 Shared Services
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Shared Services Office (SSO) is a customer service organization focused on providing user-friendly, high quality and cost effective administrative services to the university community. The SSO offers key procure-to-pay and human resource transaction services to customers through consistent processes and enabling technology.
The HR Student Employment Specialist (HRSES) provides front-line assistance to student employees and HR Business Partners. The Specialist plays a direct role in processing complex student employee transactions through approving or initiating business processes in the HR data management system, Workday. This position applies knowledge and understanding of HR regulations and University policies to ensure employment records and transactions are accurate, and are completed correctly in a timely manner.
- Processes student employee transactions through approving or initiating business processes in Workday
- Resolves standard issues for student employees and student new hires in Workday, escalating issues to HR Senior Operations Analyst when appropriate
- Develops deep knowledge of Workday business processes and relevant supporting system(s) that interact with Workday.
- Key processes that the Specialists will become a subject matter expert on include: add additional job, assign pay group, onboarding, change job, switch primary job, period activity pay, end additional job, and others as needed
- Applies knowledge of Academic Information System (AIS) and Federal Work Study to determine eligibility for employment as a student and to verify Work Study Awards
- Ensures service is delivered with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Partake in the monitoring all Federal Work Study students' employment transactions in Workday including monitoring award spending, communicating with Human Resource Partners, running reports, etc.
- Use reports generated through Workday to take required action on students' employment records and jobs
- Superior computer skills with online and/or cloud based applications, as well as with common Microsoft Office software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets)
- Excellent customer service, communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple concurrent tasks, as well as frequent interruptions
- Ability to coordinate and maintain multiple tasks simultaneously as well as deliver responses and results within established time frames
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- At least three years' experience in Human Resources preferred, or two years in Human Resources at the University of Chicago
- Professional experience working within SaaS/CRM/ERP systems
- Previous experience with Workday HCM
- Previous experience in a higher education institution
- Familiarity with administrative processes, procedures, and systems within a university setting
- Previous call center experience
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position
Resume, Cover Letter, and Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/