Full Stack Developer (Research Assistant 1)
Job Title: Full Stack Developer (Research Assistant 1)
Job ID: 2018560
Location: Storrs Campus
The Connecticut Transportation Safety Research Center (CTSRC) at the University of Connecticut operates within the School of Engineering. CTSRC is looking for a full stack web developer to assist in the development of enterprise software for transportation systems in the state of Connecticut. This position will work closely with the Connecticut Department of Transportation to develop applications to query, visualize and analyze transportation related crashes or assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confers with program director and project manager to resolve questions of program and project intent; output requirements; input data acquisition; extent of automatic programming and coding use and modification; and, inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Contribute as a productive member of an agile development team
- Analyze, design and implement business requirements
- Design and implementation of data models
- Integrating and testing with back end services and databases
- Development and testing of software APIs
- Development and testing of user interfaces
- Profiling and optimizing system performance
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Develop web applications based on users' needs
- Write effective and well documented code
- Maintain and support application as requirement evolves
- Work with other developers, database admins, and project managers in a fast moving development environment
- Transform user requirements into highly functional user interfaces
- Understand and implement security and data protection
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer-related field and at least one year of programming experience or equivalent specialized training and experience
- Evidence of ability to independently analyze and translate assigned programs into operating programs and prepare detailed program documentation.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical reasoning and logical problem solving.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new programming skills.
- Master's degree or advanced study in Computer programming.
- Two or more years' experience working in a team of developers to build an enterprise application.
- Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) integration and development.
This is a full-time, 11-month position based on available funding and subject to annual renewal. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidate's background and experience. Screening of applications will begin immediately. The University offers a competitive salary and outstanding medical and retirement benefits, including employee and dependent tuition reimbursement at the University of Connecticut.
Please apply online using UConn Jobs: http://www.jobs.uconn.edu, staff positions, to upload a letter of interest, resume, and a list of three professional references. Correspondence may be addressed to Eric Jackson at [email protected] Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2018560)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on June 10, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at: http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.