Program Assistant 1 (UCP 3)
Job Title: Program Assistant 1 (UCP 3)
Job ID: 2018533
Location: Storrs Campus
The Peter J. Werth Institute for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at the University of Connecticut is seeking applications for a full-time experienced administrative professional to perform the duties of a full-time Program Assistant 1 (UCP 3). The Werth Institute was created pursuant to a philanthropic gift from Peter J. Werth in January 2018, and is the evolution of the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Curriculum. Under the direction of the Director of the Werth Institute, the Program Assistant 1 (UCP 3) position will provide administrative and programmatic support to a broad base of students, faculty, staff, and innovative projects. This position will support the Werth Institute team members as they work towards a comprehensive program of entrepreneurship and innovation programming for UConn students. The Werth Institute will interact regularly with student creators, and this position will serve the team members and affiliate programs in the development of processes and procedures which improve the quality and quantity of UConn related programming.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in all aspects of planning events and activities for the Institute, including scheduling, organizing catering requests, preparing agendas, managing travel, etc.
- Writes and/or edits and disseminates informational, promotional and occasional technical materials to support Institute programs.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff, faculty and external partners on matters relating to administrative procedures and Institute activities; serves as receptionist, responds and directs calls and emails as appropriate.
- Exercises general supervision over office functions; processes and maintains necessary paperwork, records and files to support program, including fiscal and personnel records; coordinates travel and travel reimbursement; coordinates schedule for Director.
- Acts on behalf of the Institute Director in matters of administrative detail.
- Assists in preparation of budgets and monitors expenditures.
- Assists in processing hiring and appointments for students, faculty, and staff associated with the Institute.
- Assembles data, writes and/or edits reports, requiring a general knowledge of business, engineering, and/or entrepreneurship.
- May coordinate or supervise some specialized non-academic aspects of the program.
- Manages administrative details for programs and activities such as workshops, call for proposals, etc.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years' experience in a progressively responsible administrative support position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with the Department/University staff and other individuals or groups.
- Superior organizational and/or supervisory ability.
- Ability to resolve administrative problems efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced study in business or engineering
- Knowledge of financial accounting and human resource management systems such as KFS, Peoplesoft, etc.
This is a full-time, 12-month, position with excellent benefits.
Please apply online at UConn Jobs at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, to submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2018533)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on May 28, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students,faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.