Tennis Center Assistant (Part-time)
Tennis Center Assistant (Part-time)
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Tennis Center Assistant, working under general supervision, provides exceptional customer service to assist the Tennis Center membership with court reservations and program inquiries. Responsible for receptionist duties that assist with the smooth operation of the front desk. This position works a flexible schedule, depending on business demands, that allows the Tennis Center to operate year round.
- Greets guests, receives incoming telephone calls, takes messages, or directs to appropriate staff members. Responsible for receptionist duties at the front desk of the Tennis Center
- Assists club members with court reservations, program inquiries, and requests for restringing rackets. Resolve conflicts and assists with any special requests or questions.
- Responds to or refers specific programs or questions as may be appropriate to the Head Men’s and Head Women’s Tennis Coaches, or the Director, Tennis Center.
- Responsible for monetary transactions of cash, check, or credit card for call-in court time and guests’ fees, private instruction fees, leagues and tournament fees. Accurate data entry into accounting software.
- Opens and closes facility each day adhering to prescribed procedures to ensure security of building.
- Provides accurate records for sign-up of club members and their guests.
- Assists with the Indoor Tennis Club annual membership drive to include assistance with mailings, placing telephone calls to potential members, and non-renewal members.
- Accepts tennis rackets from Club members and student-athletes for restringing.
- Maintains a professional appearance of the Center’s lobby area.
- Removes trash from tables, maintains neat appearance of the front desk counter, and straightens tables and chairs as may be needed in lobby.
- Monitors appearance of viewing area to include removing debris, straightening bleachers, etc.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High School graduate.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to assist customers.
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures helpful.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable of the multi-faceted usage of the Tennis Center, or ability to learn in a short period of time. Knowledge of tennis helpful.
- Proficiency in computer skills and relevant software and the ability to operate standard office equipment, or ability to learn in short period of time.
- General knowledge of monetary transactions (training available) and accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work certain holidays, evenings and weekends, as required.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in tennis environment.
- Previous experience working with the general public in a customer service environment.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States