Accounting Clerk - Student Accounts Disbursement Processor
The Student Accounts Disbursement Processor opening is a full-time position responsible for processing of all financial disbursements of student accounts receivable. The ideal candidate has strong account analysis experience, thorough understanding of federal financial aid awarding and disbursement regulations. This position requires assisting in the overall operations of student financial services, billing, receivables, collections, and cashiering functions of the university. The Student Accounts office ensures compliance with university, state, and federal regulations along with standard accounting procedures. This position requires timely and accurate processing of student accounts disbursements using Banner student information system, Salesforce customer relationship manager, Nelnet Student Choice Refunds, CashNet payment processing and other system applications. This position works closely with the Admissions, Enrollment, Financial Aid and Records offices. This position works in the Salt Lake City offices as part of the Student Accounts office and reports directly to the Disbursement Supervisor.
Student Accounts Processor
- Support university retention and graduation goals.
- Disburse and process funding in a timely, efficient timeline.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse student populations in a positive and empowering manner.
- Ability to think critically and use data to make informed decisions.
- Requires strong account analysis and detailed review of accounts.
- Comfortable discussing student account balances and collection policies.
- Requires strong verbal skills with professionalism and assertiveness.
- Understanding of math, finance, computers and WGU’s billing cycles.
- Assists students with billing and financial services options.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies.
- Proficient English and grammar writing and verbal skills.
- Backup and assist other functions as needed.
- Assists in the overall operations of student financial services.
- Assists student with student financial counseling for financial literacy.
- Performs work daily in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Ensures compliance with university, state and federal regulations and procedures.
- Regular attendance and work accountability is required.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures Student Accounts work area is clean, organized and secure.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must be well organized.
- Must have the ability to work independently and participate as part of a team.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be experienced in Microsoft products.
- Must be comfortable working with others over the telephone, have a clear speaking voice and a personable demeanor and telephone voice.
- Must be dedicated to excellent, accurate and efficient customer service.
- Must have close attention to detail.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Prior Banner system and federal financial aid regulations helpful but not required.
- A minimum of three years of accounts receivable experience.
- Strong working knowledge of general accounting, Banner tuition billing procedures, federal financial aid regulations rules and procedures.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Accounting or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of general accounting
- Customer Service skills
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States