The Admissions Evaluator reviews all incoming undergraduate transfer applications for admissibility and exercises independent judgement when making an admission decision and determining the applicant’s eligibility for merit scholarships. In addition, review and evaluates all necessary credentials related to the application, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, entrance exams, and disciplinary statements. Analyze and evaluate all college transcripts to determine the transferability of coursework to the university. Manually equate university course equivalents, and recalculate all transferable grade point averages (GPAs) and input both course equivalents and GPAs into the recruitment admission system (Peoplesoft/CaneLink). The evaluation of coursework includes but is not limited to the following: college level transfer courses from regionally accredited colleges and universities, International Baccalaureate(IB), Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Military elective credit, dual enrollment credit for incoming freshman applicants, college credits for enrolled undergraduate students taking courses at another institution. Counsels prospective transfer students on the application and credit evaluation process and serves as the primary liaison to students, counselors, other colleges and universities, and other University of Miami departments about application and evaluation policies and procedures.
• Exercise independent judgement and renders admission decisions on all incoming transfer applicants, typically 3,000 applications in a given year. The application review includes review for any disciplinary action and to ensure that all credentials are requested and submitted to the university in a timely manner. Reviews academic credentials for all transfer applicants to render admission decisions and award academic scholarships on ONBASE/CaneLink. Manages all application workflow using Hyland OnBase and determines priorities for reading.
• Evaluates all undergraduate transfer credits to ensure they come from accredited institutions and makes final determination of appropriate credits transferable to the University according to prescribed guidelines (AP, CLEP, IB, post-secondary institutions, military elective credit.) and translate into university course equivalents. Enters all transfer credits into the recruitment admission system. Calculates transfer grade point average (GPA) for transfer applicants and enters both course equivalents and GPAs into recruitment/admission system.
• Counsels and personally corresponds (written, electronic, phone) with prospective students, counselors, other colleges and universities, and University of Miami departments about application and credit evaluation policies and procedures.
• Disseminates admission and credit evaluation policy and procedures and other pertinent university information to counselors, applicants, enrolled students, parents, and University of Miami personnel. Maintains an online catalog of transferable course with the Florida State College system and colleges throughout the United States.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Three years of admission related experience.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P00001374
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>