The Business Instructor is a full-time faculty position located on the Gillette Campus of the Northern Wyoming Community College District (NWCCD). This faculty member will be responsible for teaching core courses in business including accounting, management, economics, sales, marketing and other related courses. Other duties include collaboration with peers across the district in curriculum review and development, advising and mentoring students, and assessment of student learning activities. The instructor will use innovative methodologies and educational technology in a variety of formats to facilitate student learning and an entrepreneurial spirit. The instructor will be expected to work with community stakeholders to grow the business program as well as business and economic diversity. A seasoned, energetic, innovative faculty member with industry experience is the ideal candidate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability to teach, supervise, and mentor students through their plan of study.
- Proven ability to work as a team player in a collegial environment.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of strong classroom management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with community stakeholders to build a strong network with industry that increases student success.
- Demonstrated commitment to the community college mission and the learning college model. Demonstrated ability to incorporate innovative methods to facilitate learning in traditional, online, and hybrid classroom settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges to delivering educational opportunities in a rural community college setting.
- Master’s degree with 18 graduate units in Business, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management or other business related areas.
- Doctorate in Business, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance, or Management preferred.
- Teaching experience required, preferably at the community college level.
Minimum of three years of industry experience preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Classroom and office setting
- Some evening and weekends as scheduled
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu