The Welding Instructor is a full-time teaching position located on the Gillette campus of the Northern Wyoming Community College District (NWCCD). This faculty member will provide lecture and laboratory instruction in welding courses in the Associate of Applied Science and Certificate of Completion programs. This individual will be team-oriented and will collaborate with NWCCD colleagues to develop curriculum, academic programs, assessment of student learning, and provide for the maintenance of equipment. This instructor will actively work with industry representatives to ensure that students are prepared to enter the workforce with appropriate welding skills. Other duties include supporting student success by engaging students in the welding discipline, support of student activities, and advising students in the welding program. A successful candidate can communicate effectively with students and staff, engage in learner-centered teaching methods, serve on institutional committees, and otherwise contribute to the collegial environment of the campus and district. Weekend, evenings, and/or summer teaching is expected.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Capable of teaching a variety of welding/welding related classes;
- Commitment to the community college mission and technical education.
- Effective communication
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities
- Ability to engage students
- Disposition: Openness to new learning, new techniques in teaching and new industry trends
- Disposition: Readiness to respond to local industry needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and abilities in the following areas: shielded metal arc, flux core arc, gas metal arc, and gas tungsten arc on plate and pipe;
- Familiarity with metallurgy;
- Experience with print reading
- Associate degree in Welding with three years of industry experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area preferred. Possess or obtain within three years (prior to receiving tenure) the American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Educator (CWE) credential and the AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) credential
- Teaching experience with a strong background in welding preferred
- Five years of welding work experience in industry preferred
- Competency using Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu