Director of Alumni Engagement
- Build and manage alumni relationships through various social, professional, and service-oriented platforms. This will include one-on-one relationship building with key GSPP alumni leaders managing alumni engagement activities; partnering with colleagues on managing alumni committees; and other outreach programs to engage GSPP alumni in the life of the University.
- Work collaboratively with the unit's Executive Director of Development to manage School's Board of Advisors, including supporting scheduling of quarterly meetings, communications to members, website maintenance, meeting agendas and minutes, and events.
- Drive strategy for the unit's program-specific Advisory Councils to catalyze community and philanthropic engagement.
- Work with Dean and Executive Director of Development on School's scholarship application process and recipient thank-yous and interactions with donors
- Direct requests for licensure requests for GSPP alumni.
- Support collection and organization of relevant alumni data for reporting to APA and university Advancement.
- Work with Executive Assistant to organize and manage Dean's local and national travel with external community members and friends of the School
Annual Giving: In partnership with the annual giving team and in consultation with the Executive Director of Development for GSPP, support the execution of annual giving outreach and solicitations for GSPP. This includes working with annual giving to develop goals; planning and executing strategic solicitations to GSPP constituents to meet those goals; engaging students and young alumni to invest in GSPP priorities; encouraging GSPP employees to participate in the annual faculty and staff campaign; providing pipeline major gift prospects to the major gift officers; and assessing results.
Marketing and Communications: Provide content and strategy behind the school's Quarterly Alumni and Friends Newsletter keeping alumni up to date with GSPP events and student/alumni/faculty accomplishments, job postings, office space rentals, and announcements for alumni.
University Citizenship: Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all GSPP departments and functions, central and unit-based advancement functions, and other campus colleagues, to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative fundraising practices. Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective communicator within the University and on behalf of GSPP and DU Advancement
- Excellent writing and editorial skills for marketing and press materials, as well as planning documents, proposals and research documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proven skills to think creatively and strategically and to solve problems are essential as well as demonstrating a compatible style to work well with the Dean
- Must take initiative on all matters relating to project management and relationship cultivation
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education work experience
- 5 years of alumni, community, or constituent relations experience
- Graduate degree
- Experience in constituent relations with a higher education or similar complex organization
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Thursday, May 24, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.