Student Personnel Assistant - Student Services
American River College
Student Personnel Assistant - Student Services
Job Posting Number: C00592P
Salary: $3,695.23 per month
Closing Date: 5/30/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/7268
Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, serves as a staff assistant in providing student services and information on college programs in one or more of the following areas: Admissions and Records, and/or Matriculation. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position will report directly to the Dean of Student Services, and will be located in the Student Services Connect Center.
● Oversees students, peer assistants, and temporary staff.
● Maintains confidentiality of information and materials.
● Serves as a resource person to students and staff.
● Develops forms for office use; and performs general office duties such as filing, maintaining records, answering the phone, and making appointments.
● Prepares periodic reports.
● Provides assistance in coordination of budget requests and allocations.
● Transmits data to the central district computer; and attends appropriate conferences, workshops and staff meetings as assigned.
● Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains student aides and temporary staff for registration, orientation, and office work; and maintains timesheets and tracks budget for student aides and temporaries.
ADMISSIONS & RECORDS (Typical duties plus):
● Distributes program information materials, catalogs and brochures.
● Prepares and updates lists of information and resources available.
● Answers routine questions regarding program requirements; and interprets program regulations and assists students in obtaining needed support services.
● Maintains bulletin boards, display racks, and other visual displays.
● Provides program assistance to individual students, staff, and faculty.
● Assists in performing high school liaison duties including participation in college day/night programs and routine visits to feeder high schools.
● Assists with business liaison duties including participation in Ed/Career Fairs and on-site registrations at our off-campus locations.
● Collects information about students using records and tests.
● Assists in coordination of veteran’s benefit programs for students; and provides assistance in coordination and planning for activities in the Reentry/Women’s Center.
● Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to assist students in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
● Generates and monitors bulk mail; and provides assistance in coordinating efforts for advertising (signs, newspaper ads, press releases, TV).
MATRICULATION (Typical duties plus):
● Develops and distributes information packets to high school principals and counseling departments announcing each semester’s registration procedure.
● Distributes early application packets to high schools and at special events.
● Coordinates student retention projects.
● Coordinates phone calls for the purpose of recruitment / retention / persistence.
● Keeps staff informed about enrollment management activities.
● Answers tutoring questions and schedules student appointments with tutor.
● Hires, schedules, oversees, and collects timesheets for all tutors.
● Proctors make-up tests; may assist with Disable Students Programs and Services (DSP&S) note taking, tutoring, and test proctoring during summer session.
● Logs hours of tutors and tutees.
● Collects and evaluates information about students referred by faculty for early alert services.
● Provides students with assessment information and directs them to appropriate campus services.
● Operates computerized assessment systems; scores tests using computer scoring systems.
● May assist with administering diagnostic, placement and specialized tests, vocational interest inventories, and aptitude tests, and proctor exams.
● Conducts assessment orientation sessions.
● Assists with large and small group orientations to the college.
● Develops, coordinates, and delivers new student orientation presentations using PowerPoint.
● Assists in producing and updating new student orientation video in English and other selected languages.
● Works with counselors to develop their orientation presentations.
● Maintains database of student orientation information and attendance and posts on Scheduling and Reporting System (SARS).
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in a Los Rios Community College District student support services position or similar position with related duties.
EDUCATION: Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units). NOTE: An additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for up to one year of college education.
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.