Administrative Assistant III
Administrative Assistant III
Department: Business & Finance
Posting Number: 201301350P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work is performed during standard business hours, may be required during non-business hours and weekends to meet business needs. Occasional travel both local and overnight.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 05/10/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under the supervision and direction of the Facilities Administrative Officer perform a variety of administrative and strategic support services to primarily support the Assistant Vice President/Chief Facilities Officer (AVP/CFO) and as directed the Facilities management team. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Ensures department conformity to institutional business rules and procedures and departmental internal controls.
1. Provides advanced administrative support to the Assistant Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer including: managing schedules, travel, projects, events and other activities to ensure utmost efficiency. This may include but is not limited to:
2. Provides primary support and coordination to the Assistant Vice President for designated meetings; committees, and Board of Regents materials. Responsible for preparation, assembly, review and distribution of confidential materials for presentation to the committees.
3. Attends and monitors committee meeting materials as required, takes notes and transcribes minutes for official University records. Provides minutes of the meetings to the Administrative Officer and/or Assistant Vice President as required for official proceedings of meetings and for forwarding to other Committee Members.
4. Assists in the administration of University services contracts for adherence to University’s policies and procedures. Applies procedures and contract authority as well as contract compliance. Drafts contract documents when requested.
5. Responsible for a variety of budget and financial processes such as overseeing budget for certain index codes and fiscal year-end accruals; monitoring purchasing transactions; reconciling statements and other fiscal accounts, preparing Accounts Payable documents and reporting information as requested. Identifies concerns or issues related to general ledger accounts, and offers recommendations.
6. Serves as liaison for the Assistant Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer, and as directed for the Facilities Administrative Officer to outside consultants, contractors, and staff on administrative and construction related items.
7. Other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent.
•Five (5) years of increasingly complex office experience of which three (3) shall have been in support of an Executive or Senior Administrator.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require frequent sitting, repetitive use of hands and wrists while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional walking, standing and simple grasping. Climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling or reaching. May be requested to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work is performed during standard business hours, may be required during non-business hours and weekends to meet business needs. Occasional travel both local and overnight.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Min $17.17 per hour to Mid $22.48 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11974
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.